This year at EclipseCon in Santa Clara I presented first time the new Open Source project “redView” – started from Florian Pirchner and me.
The session was presented without the usual “slides-to-read-while-speaker-speaks”. I was inspired by the book “Zen and the Art of Presentation” to make another kind of presentation.
But if you present a session in Zen – style, you couldn’t only publish your slides to people not hearing you live. A Zen – style – session is only the half of work – you also have to publish detailed technical informations in an extra document.
If you were not at EclipseCon or visited another slot and want to know what I have presented, you’re not lost – you can watch a Video Podcast:
ekkes – corner – tv just started
As an addition to my blogs in english and german language now I also will publish regular an english Video Podcast at ekkes – corner – tv.org:
I’ll talk about and make live-demos about:
- Eclipse as IDE and Platform for RCP and Server
- OSGI – Equinox
- Eclipse PDE (OSGI Bundle Tooling)
- Eclipse Riena (Remoting, UI)
- EasyBeans (EJB3 OSGI Bundles)
- Drools (Rules Engine, Business Process Flows)
- redView (Riena EMF Dynamic Views)
- open-erp-ware (OSGI – ERP – Enterprise Application)
- Model-Driven Development (oAW – OpenArchitectureWare XPand, XTend, Xtext, Workflow)
- and more…
If you want to subscribe my Video Podcast:
open iTunes Store, search for „ekkes-corner“ and subscribe. There are two different formats available: for iPod/iPhone and for Desktop/AppleTV).
If you don’t use iTunes Store you can read it directly from my web site: ekkes-corner-tv.org or subscribe RSS Feed from there.
EclipseCon was as usual: very short nights – but also much fun to meet all the friends again and to learn much.
Next months will be very hard:
- redView should be published beginning of may 2009
- my OSGI – Equinox – Server should run under Galileo
- my ERP Enterprise App should go live in summer 2009
Not to forget: this month is JAX 2009 in Mainz (Germany) where I speak at OSGI Experts Day
There will be some Blogs and Video Podcasts to reflect all this work… stay tuned…