Before I start my blog-series about Eclipse 3.5 Galileo, lets start with a short summarize:
I’m using Eclipse 3.5 since Milestone M7 for my daily work as architect and developer of OSGI Enterprise business applications,
this means I have
- large workspaces with many projects
- complex target platforms using Eclipse and 3rd Party with duplicates / overlapping, cycles, wrong use-clauses…
- and I’m running under OSX Cocoa
The really good news about quality of 3.5, Cocoa, PDE, P2, Target Platform etc:
Since installing of Galileo M7 on 1st of May I’m still working with this installation
- daily updates of IDE from staging + some other P2 update sites
- daily updates of Target Platform from UpdateSites + updating/replacing local folders
- surviving some crashes (caused by Cocoa image processing, but this works now well)
- surviving some inconsistencies of bundle-dependencies fixed by uninstall / install new
- surviving problems of target platform between M7 and RC4
I know there are Bugs open and problems, but I have to say Equinox P2 + PDE + Target Platform does a real good job in 3.5 and made my life much easier now.
I’ll blog about this in detail and talk about my experiences and give some hints.
BTW: Tomorrow (2009-06-16) I’ll present “redView (Riena EMF Dynamic Views for Business Applications)” at
Eclipse Democamp in Stuttgart.