Today the EPP Downloads for Helios (Eclipse 3.6) Milestone 3 are ready to download.
thanks to the EPP team – this makes it much easier to try out the next Eclipse Helios.
Since Galileo there are also downloads for MacOSX Cocoa – 64 bit, but there’s no direct download for Windows – 64 bit.
I’m running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit (under Parallels Desktop 5 on OSX 10.6 Snow Leopard) and I know that there are many other developers also trying to run 64-bit on Windows 7.
At first be sure that you have the JDK 6 in 64 – bit – if not you can download it from
Then it’s easy to use EPP Packages on Windows-7 64 bit:
1. Download SDK Windows 64 bit (eclipse-SDK-3.6M3-win32-x86_64.zip) from here
2. Install and start as usual
3. Add New Software Site for EPP
4. Install New Software and select your EPP Package (per ex. RCP)
5. Next -> Finish -> Restart and you’re done🙂
Eclipse EPP RCP on Windows 7 -64 bit
If you’re wondering about the Look of Windows 7 – there’s a new option “Use Mac Look” since Parallels Desktop 5 to make your windows look like osx😉